Sculptures depicting the unique Newari culture

Posted by Bikran in , ,

I took these snaps on The YALA MAHOTSAV . These pictures depict few of the rituals performed by the newar community.

happy birthday sculpturesThe occasion of the 77 years 7 months and 7 days
sculptures as new year giftThe Guruju (Buddhist priest)
hair cut first timeCHUDAKARMA (It is an age-old ceremony in which a child’s hair is shaved for the first time
birthday gift
Newari cultureTHE JYAPU (FARMERS of NEWAR COMMUNITY)

Bookmark and Share
This entry was posted on Saturday, December 13, 2008 at Saturday, December 13, 2008 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

13 comments

Interesting !!!!!!!!

December 14, 2008 at 7:37 PM

@ujeli .. Thanks a lot :)

December 15, 2008 at 6:00 PM

Seem like Taoism, although it's not.

December 16, 2008 at 4:04 AM

@tikno : I am not much aware of what Taoism exactly exercises.But may be this is similar to it .
Thnaks for your response :)

December 16, 2008 at 11:56 AM

really interesting.. to see that your place is very different from ours. it's like being in a different land altogether!
keep clickin' :)

December 19, 2008 at 5:21 PM

@mantiz : Thanks man .. nice to see ya after a long ..

December 19, 2008 at 9:14 PM

Some cool pictures, thanks for sharing.

- Evan

December 21, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Thanks a lot Evan .

December 23, 2008 at 4:00 AM

cool blog

December 31, 2008 at 2:09 PM

I thought I was a relatively smart people who read your work I know that I am not!

January 5, 2009 at 6:09 PM

@Flash : well for sure you are a smart person and I am glad people like you read my blog .. That makes my effort worthy .Thanks a lot :)

January 5, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Hi! am going to participate in cultural exhibition organized by my university, shanghai university.can you pass me some other pics like these or sources where i can find bigger pictures so that i can make a posture and display on exhibition stall....Please let me know if you have any.. as soon as possible thanks

April 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM

@Riken -: You can click on the label culture and history for more pictures . and this link may be useful for you for other pictures.
http://www.phalano.com/

April 4, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Post a Comment